How to create an NFT collection - step by step guide
Discover a new creative world!
If you're still undecided about whether to create your own token or NFT collection, here are a few main reasons to stop putting it off:
• Royalty: not only do creators earn from the one-time sale of their digital art tokens, but they can continue to earn from them as long as these tokens exist. You can program royalties on your digital artwork and this will allow you to earn a percentage of the sales profit every time the artwork is sold to a new user.
• Minimal investment: Because NFT art is sold online through the massive NFTsky marketplace, you don't need to spend money on auction houses and huge investments to reach a global audience. This allows you to keep a significant part of the profits received from sales.
• Uniqueness and value: While anyone can view, link to, or even download your digital artwork token, it only belongs to one person at a time. This contributes to a level of market transparency that has never been seen in the world of traditional art.
How to Make NFT Art in 4 Easy Steps
You can create a digital art token by carefully following these steps:
1. Go to the NFTSky marketplace and connect your personal account with your crypto wallet only. Everything is just no data, no verifications and registrations.
2. Create your collection
In the interface of your NFTSky account, you will see the "Collections" section; click on it. It serves as a section of your digital artwork.
- By clicking on the “Create new collection” button, you can customize your collection by entering a name for it, writing a description and uploading a display image in formats (JPG, PNG, GIF, WEBP. Max size: 2 MB) and an image background with formats (JPG, PNG, GIF, WEBP Max size: 4 MB.). This sets the stage for showcasing your artwork after it has been created.
- You can mint an unlimited number of tokens, but you do it one at a time. It is also important to note how many issues of the same token you want to create.
- You can then add collection category properties as they allow buyers browsing your collection to filter your artwork.
- Select the payment tokens you would like to accept for your digital art.
There are two options:
- ERC - 721 - unique token, belongs to only one, token is not fungible
- ERC 1155 - an unlimited number of copies can be created per token, they are interchangeable.
You can also choose the percentage of royalties that you will receive from the secondary sales of your works of art.
- Next, check the box if the collection contains tokens with explicit or private content.
- Once you have added all the required details, including social links, updated image, description, and name, click "Create Collection" to add your NFT to the blockchain, and this step will require payment of ETH for approval and gas fees.
3. List your work for sale
Once you've created your NFTs, the next thing to do is list them for sale. You can choose a fixed price listing or an auction and set your own price.
If this is your first time creating and selling NFTs, you will have to pay for gas before posting your work.
4. Promote your work on social media
To increase the chances of your work being sold, you need to build your community. Share your direct link with potential buyers and promote your work to fans on social media.
NFTsky provides all the tools to create, sell and showcase your creations!
We are happy to work with people who are inspired, curious and motivated to build the future with us!